Why do we ignore them?

Killing animals for your own pleasure is okay? I know some of you may roll your eyes and think, another post about this topic? Just hear me...

Killing animals for your own pleasure is okay?
I know some of you may roll your eyes and think, another post about this topic? Just hear me out. I have been thinking a lot about animal testing in cosmetics. I have thought about it now and then, and just shrugged it off. Yes, I do not want harm on animals or knew that the product I just bought was tested on animals makes me a little sad, but because out of sight, out of mind phrase pops up; it is true that we just think, "well it is sad, but what can I do?" or "I am sure not that many are harmed".

Oh how I was wrong. 

I have not done a lot of research and I want to know more. I want to be able to let go of those companies that do not care about the animals they kill for our pleasure. And no, I did not make this post to make you feel bad. I am just expressing my feelings, thus why I created this blog about beauty.

Am I Vegan or Vegetarian?
No, I am not Vegan or a Vegetarian, because I do like eating meat. I do not think it is wrong to eat animals. Why? Because we were made to eat meat as well as other foods. Having too much of anything is bad, so I do not think eating meat to a point, will hurt me. I am not happy with the way they can be killed, but it is hard to find or afford things that kill animals in a less horrible way.

My point?
That being said, I do not feel so good about buying beauty products that actually kill animals because we are selfish. Although, we did not ask the companies to test on animals, but we can buy products that are not tested on them. Why do we NEED all of the (excuse my language) shit that we buy? Why not make natural or cruelty free products?

I love many products I own that are being tested on animals. You know what? I am sure I can find affordable products that do not harm animals. However, if I can buy a $45 blush from a brand that does test on animals, I can buy a $45 blush that doesn't. 


My Journey
If I completely commit to only buying products not tested on animals, I want to blog my journey. I want express my temptations on buying products I loved, blogging about things I find, and never make anyone feel bad because it is your choice to do what you want.


What do you think?

If you are already on this path of cruelty free beauty products, what websites or reliable resources can I read? I would love to know! Thanks!

-Kristina

Related Content

4 comments

  1. Good for you! I support you all the way for buying cruelty-free products. I feel exactly the same way, which is why I only buy and blog about cruelty-free products :)

    http://bathroom-dancer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have to go through all of my products and see which are ones I do not buy again. I will be thinking long and hard about this and then I will announce if I will completely commit. I know, why would I need to think about? It's hard to let go of brands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were not exclusively meant to eat meat as we are omnivore, not carnivore. You got it right, but too many people get it wrong.

    I would be delighted to follow you through this journey. I'm making huge efforts to purchase from companies who don't test on animals (I'm vegetarian) but it's not always easy, and I don't always have the budget to purchase those products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Gaby,
    I will try so hard and I know how pricey things can be. Julianne has great sites to go to. I am glad I am on this journey and thanks for coming with me. :)

    ReplyDelete