I love this blog with all of my heart. I am a makeup junkie and enjoy writing all about my obsessions, subscriptions, or favorite produc...
If you have been subscribed to this blog for years, I wanted to get on here and announce that this blog is moving forward full force! I have...
What to look forward to:
Over the years after much research and exploration, I have made it my passion to bring light to the dangers of product ingredients and how it affects you. I believe in taking care of yourself and by using products that are made up of gentle and healthy ingredients. I have come to learn to love my natural beauty and use products that enhance that. This blog has transformed into something greater than just playing with makeup!
Topics to look forward to:
- I want to incorporate my style and give tips on how to create a wardrobe on a budget.
- How you can look great and be a mom at the same time.
- Natural Beauty
- I will write about all types of natural beauty related topics that include skincare, makeup, tips, recommendations, and reviews.
- From time to time I will give you some tips on how to start a blog or and how to make it appealing.
- I want to focus a lot of time on beauty beginner content because I know how it feels to be lost when it comes to makeup or fashion.
- I want to dig into making my own skincare and other things.
- Natural/Organic Products
- I will share brands or products I have used that have helped my skin or has made me feel comfortable using.
- I will share what I have learned since 2009 when I started looking into makeup and skincare.
This is an updated makeup brush routine that I am excited to share because I feel it will benefit everyone. It is hard to find affordable, d...
- Mentioned above, because it is thick, you need less product.
- It smells very nice and you can also get many scents and unscented for sensitive skin.
- Not only can you use it for cleaning brushes, but clothes! As a load or if you get that pesky foundation on your silk shirt as you are putting on makeup, you better carefully take it off, squirt some Dr. Woods right on the mess, run it over some cool water, use your fingers to lightly scrub it off, and bam it is off! Sometimes you need another round, but this is a miracle cleaner!
- It is great for cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, etc.
- Safe ingredients.
Also, this is a lot for the price. It varies between $6-$10 and I got this one at Vitacost or you can find it at Target. Online has a lot of options!
I want to share my fitness journey thus far! I started the 21 day fix with beach body 21 days ago! Backstory : I was never really overwe...
I was never really overweight. I would go back and fourth pounds. After I got married I gained 15 lbs and probably under the "overweight" category. I was 127lbs when I got married and got up to 155lbs. I was always tired no matter how much sleep I got. I never felt right in my clothes and went up a size or two. I wanted to change that this month! And this program helped kick start my motivation, my fitness level, and eating habits. It only takes 21 days to start a habit!
Why I wanted to Join the Challenge:
I wanted to feel normal again. I wanted something important to do and feel great. I wanted to be in the best shape of my life before kids. And maintain it. I wanted to feel great in clothes. I wanted to be healthy. I wanted to prevent getting diabetes because it runs highly in my mother's side. I wanted to be fit.
When I started this blog, I was so excited and ready to write about all the things I love. It was so easy to do at the time and I even had m...
What have you done to spark up your blog or what motivates you to keep writing?
Thanks for actually reading this post.
I apologize for posting this one late! I had this saved as a draft and needed to finish it but I haven't had any motivation to blog. I...
I contacted Echo Vie because I was very interested in their body oil. And I received their lip balm sample in my Wantable subscription bo...
Ipsy did it again for me! I haven't been disappointed since I subscribed in May. This month's theme is Classic Beauty. I love ho...
- I have another product from Cailyn that I love and it's their gel liner. This lip balm also has a little brush on top and it works well as a lip brush.
- The product goes on easily and stays put.
- It does not on transfer which is a huge plus!
- The down fall is that the product is very drying. My advice is to add a good chapstick on first, then if it is still dry, put a little lipgloss on the top of the balm.
- I love the color and it doesn't look over the top which is great for work!
- I would recommend this to anyone.
- This isn't' a super pigmented product, but it does do a decent job.
- The color looks very pretty on and is a great crease color.
- It is smooth going on and blends easily.
- I would recommend this to anyone.
- It is very silky and goes on smoothly.
- Do not have to layer much.
- Lasts a decent amount of time.
- It does transfer but most lipsticks do.
- I would recommend this to anyone!
- I didn't feel like it did much for me, it did lengthen, but not much.
- I had to layer it quite a bit for it to do anything.
- Nothing special and wouldn't recommend it.
- It is silky and glides on effortlessly.
- It is dark and lasts all day.
- It doesn't smudge much, but it is easy to smudge on the lower lash line.
- I would recommend this to anyone!
If you haven't heard of going "no-poo" before, look it up. I don't have any links for you because I have done a bit of dig...
Using this non-tradtional method has many benefits and they really sucked me in. I have seen first hand from a friend of mine that it truly works!
No-poo is basically ditching your shampoo and even conditioner which can be full of sulfates(product that coats your hair and will build up over time) and parabens(toxins that are known for various issues).
You can go many routes with this journey such as only washing with water, washing with a tea rinse, washing with a baking soda mixture, apple cider vinegar as conditioner, castile soap or many other methods.
Personally I tried the baking soda and ASV route, but I do not think that worked very well for me. My hair didn't feel right or look right. However it may have been because I was/still am transitioning.
You will go through a detox period called "the transition" and you will experience many frustrations and up do's. My hair was very very greasy, especially at the crown of my head, and my hair was waxy, sticky to the touch and looked straw like and greasy at the same time. It is an odd combination and the texture was just a whole lot of things. I am mad at myself for not taking any pictures( I have one during my first week of no poo but you can't really see very well, but it does show the grease).
It is that time of the month where I share my ipsy bag. Again, I am blown away on how amazing they put together my bag and the products the...
Get ready for your first day at the "Glamour Academy" at ipsy! This month's August Glam Bag is perfect for the professional or student. It's full of beauty essentials that are perfect for stashing in your school bag or when you're prepping for your next big party!
I like the colors of the bag, however as you see, my bag has backwards lettering, which I thought was hilarious. It is a let down, but the products that came with it are awesome.
The bag can hold a lot of products and fit in my purse.
- Stays on for a long time and keeps its color
- You don't need a lot of product to get a bold look
- I love how smooth it feels on my lips and doesn't tug
- It burns a little, but goes away after a min or so
- It doesn't take long to dry and feels great on the skin
- You don't need a lot to cover your face
- Your face feels great after you wash it off and seems to help with my blemishes
- It feels so silky going on and your face feels super smooth
- It does a great job with prepping your skin for foundation
- Your foundation looks literally flawless with this primer
- Lasts all day!
- Bronze shadow on the lid
- Pixie mascara on the lashes
- Urban Decay on the lips
- Smashbox under the foundation
Wantable contacted me asking me if I wanted to try out this month's box and of course I jumped to it! I immediately looked up their web...
- In the pictures above they look a bit more warm tone, but they are more of a cooler tone, which I love. This brow powder is perfect for what I need. I have a hard time with finding the right shade so it isn't too dark and make me look fake. This helps soften the brows and help define them in a more subtle way. I also LOVE it as an eye shadow color and used it for a look yesterday.
Face Stockholm Gel Eye Liner in Brun
- This liner is not exactly what I wanted in the box. In my quiz I didn't want any liner I had to sharpen, but honestly I don't care. It was a preference and I get makeup so I am happy.
- The liner is smooth and stays on for a long time. I was pleasantly surprised how well it stayed due to the fact that the packaging is so plain it just made me think it wouldn't be such a great product. However, it is a nice black liner I would use anytime. I used it on the lower lash line in the picture above this.
- Oh goodness I was excited when I saw that I have this brush in my box. I always wanted a smudge brush like this and I have many brushes. This is a perfect addition to my collection and it is travel size so I can take it in my purse for touch ups.
- It is dense so it really does the job well and it creates such a soft finish. I used it under my eyes on the picture above in the gel liner section. I love this brush and would recommended it to anyone!
Lise Waiter Haute Couleur High Coverage Lacquer in Rouge Catwalk