Makeup Brush Cleaning Routine

This is an updated makeup brush routine that I am excited to share because I feel it will benefit everyone. It is hard to find affordable, d...

This is an updated makeup brush routine that I am excited to share because I feel it will benefit everyone. It is hard to find affordable, deep cleaning solution for your brushes. I have seen many ways people do it and also the many brands used. However, I came across Dr. Woods Shea Soap at Target and also Dr. Bronners. I prefer Dr. Woods over Dr. Bronners because it is a little thicker. I like that it is thicker because you seem to need less product to get the job done.

Dr. Woods Shea Soap Benefits
  • Mentioned above, because it is thick, you need less product.
  • It smells very nice and you can also get many scents and unscented for sensitive skin.
  • Not only can you use it for cleaning brushes, but clothes! As a load or if you get that pesky foundation on your silk shirt as you are putting on makeup, you better carefully take it off, squirt some Dr. Woods right on the mess, run it over some cool water, use your fingers to lightly scrub it off, and bam it is off! Sometimes you need another round, but this is a miracle cleaner!
  • It is great for cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, etc. 
  • Safe ingredients. 


Cleaning Makeup Brushes
 Not cleaned!

 Cleaned!

 Dr. Woods Shea Soap
Also, this is a lot for the price. It varies between $6-$10 and I got this one at Vitacost or you can find it at Target. Online has a lot of options!

 I usually use my hand as a "bowl" and put some Dr. Woods on my palm and mix the brush around. However, this time I used my husband's shaving bowl and it worked real well. I then ran them over warm water to rinse them off. Works wonders!



I know some people use olive oil to make sure their brushes are soft. I have not tried that yet, but been wanting to. Comment below your favorite brush washing techniques and products you use.

-Kristina

Related Content

1 comments

  1. I wish that you would post a bit more, I really like your blog. I have a blog of my own if you want to check it out: beautybyrawan.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete