Cover Girl Aqua Smoothers Makeup and Compact Review

A couple of months ago I decided to try Cover Girl's foundation I use to wear back in 2007. I did not know much about makeup then; I'...

A couple of months ago I decided to try Cover Girl's foundation I use to wear back in 2007. I did not know much about makeup then; I've grown a lot since then.


Here is what I have to say about Cover Girl's Aqua Smoothers Liquid Makeup and Compact Makeup

CG Aqua Smoothers Liquid Makeup

This is what it looks like outside the bottle. It's a little watery, but doesn't run down your hand.

Self explanatory. 

This is it blended in. As you can see it shows off your lines more, which I did not notice until I took this picture tonight. This may not be for mature skin!

It does not cover acne at all! I even tried adding more product.
(Yeah, I can't wait for my skin to clear up, so embarrassing!)

It looks very smooth and soft(not powdery) when first applied, and also evens out the skin tone.
However, it doesn't not last long on the face even with a nice primer. The primer helps, but I will not purchase again, simple as that.
If you have clear skin and do not mind touching up a bit, then you may like it. Just make sure you get a good foundation base.

I would give this foundation a 3 out of 5 stars.

CG AQUA SMOOTHERS COMPACT MAKEUP
Personally a very bulky piece that could have been so much smaller and would have used less plastic.

Comes with a sponge but I used it up well.

It is a bit more orange than the liquid makeup, and I got same shade on both(buff beige)

This looks a bit better with not showing your lines than the liquid form.

Overall it is an okay foundation, but doesn't coverup well and doesn't last long like the liquid. I would not purchase again as well. It also feels a little heavier than the liquid and it doesn't feel smooth to the touch.
3 out of 5 stars.

You can get these foundations at your local drugstore for about 6-8 dollars.

Thanks for reading and I would love to hear from you!
-Kristina 

Related Content

2 comments

  1. Awe :( I hate when I spend money on a product and it ends up not being very good or not doing what it says. I haven't bought cover girl in a few years. I lost hope in their products, as they never seem to come through.

    ReplyDelete