Wantable Subscription Review

Wantable  contacted me asking me if I wanted to try out this month's box and of course I jumped to it! I immediately looked up their web...

Wantable contacted me asking me if I wanted to try out this month's box and of course I jumped to it! I immediately looked up their website before I answered. Their site is very sleek and easy to navigate. When you sign up you have two options: 1. you can take their quiz so they can customize your boxes or 2. you can have them send you whatever they put together not based on a quiz. Get your own box here: https://www.wantable.com/invite/MJDj__Mlu5w

About Wantable


"We create unique customer profiles by asking customers a series of product and personality questions. We then use this data to introduce customers to assortments of products perfectly suited to their personal taste".
They have either a makeup box option or a jewelry option. I picked the makeup box because I can't get enough of it. The subscription is either $36.00 a month or $40.00 for one time purchase. It is a bit more than birchbox, ipsy, glossy box, or many others, however once you see what I received, you will be convinced it is very worth the price.


August Box

Our featured expert, Matthew Ambrosio is all about bold eyeliner this month! He suggests applying one liner shade on the top and the second shade on the bottom for a chic two-tone look. Keep it subtle with low key colors, or go for the bold with vivid tones.


When I first set eyes on the box I thought it looked so classy and sleek. 

As you can see, it is a simple design and when I opened the box, there was a layer of foam on top and the bottom of the products to keep them from being damage, which was the first time I have seen that in a service like this. I thought that was a very clever way to give great customer service.

The customer is service is great and the box arrived only three days after my initial contact with the marketing person.


The Products






First let me say congrats Brazen Cosmetics for making it in a subscription box who uses superior products, because you sure fit the description! I was not aware of this. 
  • In the pictures above they look a bit more warm tone, but they are more of a cooler tone, which I love. This brow powder is perfect for what I need. I have a hard time with finding the right shade so it isn't too dark and make me look fake. This helps soften the brows and help define them in a more subtle way. I also LOVE it as an eye shadow color and used it for a look yesterday.

This balm is such a cute little addition to my collection. It is perfect for on the go. I like this because it smells like peppermint and it feels great on the lips. You must be a peppermint fan, but it does help soften the lips and create a nice glow. It has a lot of natural ingredients so it is very effective.

Face Stockholm Gel Eye Liner in Brun
This is just like many in the box where I have never heard of the brand. This jar is smaller than some but has a lot of product. I tried this on and I love how smoothly it glides on and how it doesn't dry too fast so you can have a clean application. I live in an area with high humidity and it seemed to hold up quite well. It did not smudge, yet it washed off so easily!                                                         As you see on the left, it looks great for a neutral look and it looks soft. I am also wearing Brazen Cosmetics Marilyn Eye Brow Powder on the brows and in the crease of my eye lids. I love the classy look it gives!

Au Naturale Eye Liner in Night
  • This liner is not exactly what I wanted in the box. In my quiz I didn't want any liner I had to sharpen, but honestly I don't care. It was a preference and I get makeup so I am happy. 
    • The liner is smooth and stays on for a long time. I was pleasantly surprised how well it stayed due to the fact that the packaging is so plain it just made me think it wouldn't be such a great product. However, it is a nice black liner I would use anytime. I used it on the lower lash line in the picture above this.

  • Oh goodness I was excited when I saw that I have this brush in my box. I always wanted a smudge brush like this and I have many brushes. This is a perfect addition to my collection and it is travel size so I can take it in my purse for touch ups. 
    • It is dense so it really does the job well and it creates such a soft finish. I used it under my eyes on the picture above in the gel liner section. I love this brush and would recommended it to anyone!

Lise Waiter Haute Couleur High Coverage Lacquer in Rouge Catwalk
Do you see what I see?! It has a light! What lipgloss has a light?! This one and it was a fun surprised when I opened it. 

It has a mirror on the other side so you can use the light to put it on where ever you want! No need to worry if you can't see.

I am putting on a second layer and you can see how you can create a thick or thin layer and it looks beautiful.

It smells like some type of sweet candy and I love how smooth it feels on my lips regardless of the small glitter in it. It also stays on for quite awhile, even when eating or drinking which is a plus and well worth the money for other colors in the future.

Overall Opinion of this box subscription
I cannot believe how great this subscription is. It is exactly what I am looking for because I receive full size to large travel size products that I can try out for months to get a feel for the brands they offer. I cannot stand receiving foil samples or perfume samples, or things that only give you two tries to get a feel for it. As you can see this subscription box delivers great products to your door for less than $40 a month. It is on the higher price side, however you get what you pay for and this subscription really does make it worth it. Think about, how much do you spend on beauty products monthly anyway and this subscription can give you an excuse to try new things! When I can budget this subscription in, I would love to add this to my monthly reviews because this was the most exciting box or bag I have received in the years I have had subscriptions! (Update, I just subscribed finally and so excited! -2/18/14)

*Disclaimer: I was sent this box from the marketing gal for free for reviewing purposes, and this was my honest opinions. Thank you Wantable for this great opportunity and thank you readers for taking your time to read this post.

GET YOUR OWN BOX by clicking this link: https://www.wantable.com/invite/MJDj__Mlu5w

Comment below what your favorite subscription service is and what your favorite product was featured in this post.

-Kristina


Related Content

2 comments

  1. That lip gloss is really pretty! It'd be fun to try out a bunch of different brands in a box like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lip gloss was one of my favorites. This box is great! Check out their site for more information.

    ReplyDelete