How to Write a Beneficial Product Review

This post is actually really important to me. First off let me say that I am not a perfect reviewer. I have noticed a few times on a few b...

This post is actually really important to me. First off let me say that I am not a perfect reviewer.

I have noticed a few times on a few blogs that when I go to read a review, I finish it and say "Well, that just felt like I read the back of the box or label. I did not read the blogger's view or thoughts about the product."
All they say is "I like it" or "It's amazing!"
Well, why do you like? WHY is it amazing?

Key points in writing a review
The best way to understand how to write a review on a product is go and read someone else's review. Ask yourself these questions?

  • Did they answer your own questions like why they liked the product, what does it smell like, what does it feel like, how did it make them feel? Questions like that.
  • Do they show pictures?
  • Have they given pros and cons?
  • Do they recommend it?
  • What is so great or not great about the product?
Another great way to get the feel for reviewing, is actually sitting down with the product and think of these questions:
  • How does it smell? Strong? Light? Good? Bad?
  • How does it feel? Hard?  Rough? Smooth? Soft? 
  • How well does it open?
  • How is the packaging? 
  • How big is it?
  • How does it make you feel?
  • What is the purpose of the product?
  • Does it work for you?
  • What skin type works best with it?
  • What age group does it fit into?
  • What does it taste like?
  • How durable is it?
  • Does it last long?
  • Would you recommend it?
  • Why do you like it?
  • Why do you not like it?
  • Why did you buy it?
  • Why would you buy it again?
  • Most of all, BE HONEST! 
Think of things like that. Give your readers a full understanding of the product instead of just copying the brands description. If you have not used the product, do not bother talking about. The point of the review is to give the reader a sense of the product and it is nice to actually know what you're getting yourself into when you buy a product. It's a bit irritating when all someone says is "I like it".

WHY?

I hope this has helped anyone who is new at this or just needs some tips. I would advise thinking over what you may write to help benefit your readers. :)

Thanks for reading! 
Have any tips for me?

-Kristina

Related Content

15 comments

  1. Great post! I will take a lot of the suggestions with me and use them in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very useful post hun, thanks! It's such a big turn-off for me to read a product review without pictures )=

    ReplyDelete
  3. very informative post thank you !!
    de-jeeya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative post. I also run my own beauty blog but really needed help with writing in depth informative reviews. Thanks a lot for sharing.

    Checkout my blog if you like: http://kiransbeautybook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent Post! This is going to help me a lot when writing my Product Review

    - discoveringnatural.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was so helpful, i will use this to structure my reviews from now on x

    katianalovesmakeup.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANKS everyone. I am glad it is helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just want you to know that I have printed this article out and have taped it into my blog notes book! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was such a great help for me, thanks so much!

    http://telltaleheartblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great information! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad I came across your blog. Exactly what I'm looking for :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks! im trying to start my own blog! this is really helpful
    valkyriebeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks! im trying to start my own blog! this is really helpful
    valkyriebeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great questions to ask ourselves while writing a review. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what great tip! I too write reviews on my blog and I think these key points are so important
    if you have any time i would love if you could check out my blog, looking forward reading more tips

    https://magdalenaosman97.wixsite.com/website-1

    ReplyDelete