My Experience with Eye Primers

First let me point out that I will try not to over state or get over excited when writing this review/info post. I just wanted to share with...

First let me point out that I will try not to over state or get over excited when writing this review/info post. I just wanted to share with you beauties on what I have discovered.

What eye primers I have used:

  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Hard Candy's eye primer
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance
  • MSC Awesome Sauce

What I have figured out
  1. I love the UD primer potion and the Too faced SI by themselves with shadow, however I like Too Faced's better because it tends to prevent creasing a lot more.
  2. I do not like Hard Candy's primer because it does nothing for me.
  3. I like MSC Awesome Sauce by itself with shadow because it lasts awhile and makes the shadow POP!
  4. HOWEVER.....(insert dramatic music) IF I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance AND MSC Awesome together, it is amazing! Why?
    1. Because your shadow or loose pigments stay on ALL day
    2. And your shadow has extra boldness due to the Awesome Sauce!
Picture from kisszombies on live journal
How I create the perfect primer
  • I dab on Too Faced Shadow Insurance (not too much) on my eyes.
  • I then add Awesome Sauce over that and you only need a tiny bit. 
  • Blend well.
  • Let it sit for about 10 mins while you do your face because if you do not let it dry, it will get patchy and hard to work with.
  • Apply your shadow and it will look amazing and stay on ALL day. I work at a daycare and it still looks new by the end of the day. :)
How much are these?
  • Awesome Sauce is ONLY $5 and you get a lot.
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance is $18-$19 and about $10 for the smaller one.

Where to get both of these?
Click here for Awesome Sauce
Click here for Shadow Insurance

I hope this helped you out if you wanted to know how to keep your shadow to stay on all day and make it pop!
MSC piggies look WAY better with this combo or any shadow for the matter.

*I bought all but the Too faced primer because I won that on a giveaway. This my honest opinion.

--Kristina 

Related Content

4 comments

  1. Great idea!! I need to try out TFSI now that it's been revealed as vegan-safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't ever get my shadow to stay put more than a few hours. I will def. have to try this out. Thanks for the post!

    makesmenblush11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the trick!
    Kisses
    Lara

    http://lara-ilmondoamodomio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I use J.A.M. cosmetics eye shadow primer/base and it holds my shadow for days! im not lying! i recently tried finding it for friends and with many hours of research finally found it online direct from the manufacturer!its only 7$ and its fantastic! we compared it with UD and there is just no comparison. Try it.

    ReplyDelete