Strawberry Pickin' Jam Day

I now recently live in an area where it does not take too long to get to a farm or a winery. I live in a place where there are Farmer's ...

I now recently live in an area where it does not take too long to get to a farm or a winery. I live in a place where there are Farmer's markets every Saturdays. I love it! I love fresh food and homemade beauty products. Best of all, I love when you are able to pick berries!

The only down fall is that you need to work with the food fast or it will go bad quicker than store bought! You can look up a recipe for jam or freezer jam online or a cookbook. :) We got 12.8 pounds of Strawberries for $30! So much jammmmm!

Snap shots of our day!
(I forgot to take my camera while we were picking)

We cut off the top part to get off the green.

I wish I got a picture of the two boxes they were in.

The mashed look.


Finger licking good!

Pour them in freezer plastic bottles.



Mash!!

Now onto the jarred jelly.

Sugar waterfall!


The tops.

Do I even need to type anything? <3

Freezer jam.

Cleaning the glass jars for the jelly.



I look a bit crazy because picking berries is hard work haha. My hair is all wind crazy. :)

Hope this was fun to see. 

--Kristina 

Related Content

1 comments