Homemade Blueberry Face MaskMonday, July 11, 2011
I am tired of seeing so much crap in the skincare products I see at the store. I was bored today looking into natural beauty things and I ...
What I Did:
- I took a handful of blueberries and smashed them with a fork in a little bowl.
- I then used a nut grinder and grind a few almonds into a container.
- Prier to that I used a fruit juicer and squeezed out lemon juice out of one lemon and set that aside.
- After that, I used about three drops of lemon juice in the blueberry mix and also added the almonds after I mashed them some more with a fork.
- I mixed that real well.
- Lastly I added some oats from oatmeal just for fun and mixed real well.
- The blueberries are full of antioxidants, and helps protect the skin from damage of stress or exposure from the sun!
- Almonds are a great moisturizer and great for the complexion!
- Lemon juice helps with acne and acts as a natural toner.
- The oats helps with exfoliating.
- First I am keeping it in the fridge for a little while tonight to help it be a more of a paste.
- Then I am going to do is just spread it on my face and let it sit for about 5-10 mins.
- Then wash it off!
I have extra lemon juice and so I am going to store that in the fridge and use it on blemishes every night. I have been breaking out lately!
Let me know of the kind of homemade skincare you have tried! I would love to know!
Thanks for reading.