Some facts about haircare productsMonday, July 11, 2011
What are we actually doing to our hair? Have you ever wondered why your hair seems so stiff or hard to brush after a showers sometimes? I...
What are we actually doing to our hair?
Have you ever wondered why your hair seems so stiff or hard to brush after a showers sometimes? It may be due to the fact that your hair has build up. Some say that in some hair care products, there are ingredients that you can find in your laundry detergent! This what I read and I cannot remember where, so I would have linked the facts. I am not a professional, these are just things I have read.
- It is surprising, but it really does not matter what the price is, your hair care products such as shampoo can be damaging to your hair due to the fact that they may contain sulfates.
- The truth is that sulfate will build up and cling to your hair. That can cause your hair to break because your hair is harder to comb through.
- Sulfate-free shampoos do not give such a thick lather like the ones with sulfate, so one would assume that your hair is not getting cleaned, but the fact is that your hair is.
- We are so use to the way our hair looks when we use products with sulfates because natural products do not give us that nice looking hair that the other products do.
- That is why so many people are in love with Pantene products because it coats your hair with product that leaves your hair shiny and looking healthy, but really it is damaging your hair in the long run. Research what you are putting on your hair!
- In order to help prevent build-up, use a shampoo or product that will cleanse out the product that is building up in your hair, example a fair amount of baking soda in the scalp can help clean off the build-up.
Click HERE to go the this list.
I would love to know of any websites or facts so comment below!
Thanks for reading!