Madison Street Beauty Review and Giveaway!Sunday, September 02, 2012
Hey beauties! I was sent some beautiful loose shadows from MSB and they were nice enough to send me five decent sized sample jars! I cou...
I was sent some beautiful loose shadows from MSB and they were nice enough to send me five decent sized sample jars! I could have picked whatever colors, but I asked to send me something that could be used for a night out and this is what I got:
*Important: Because I do not have a proper camera YET, I used my webcam to snatch a pic of me holding them and also do not have good pictures of me using the shadows. However, the review is my honest opinion and I will be using their shop photos of each shadow.
- This shadow is just incredible. To me it is a silvery grey. I use it as a smokey lid color as well as a liner, but it does a great job as a light smoky high light because this color can be buildable I love buildable shadows.
- It has great pigmentation and a little goes a long way. It is a great quality pigment.
- Lastly, the packaging is simple and easy. You can see the color on the top and the info is on the bottom, which I prefer!
- This black is a great black and has great pigmentation. However, like many blacks it can be hard to blend out because with such pigmentation, it sticks to the first spot you place it. But, with patience and determination, you can blend it to a nice, sexy smokey eye.
- I love to use this as a liner with a medium such as Awesome Sauce from MSC, and it creates your own liner.
- As stated above, the packaging is great.
- This shadow is gorgeous! However, the only thing negative about this is that it is VERY shimmery. If you do not like a whole lot of shimmer, than you may need to skip.
- The shadow is very creamy and blends effortlessly.
- I recommend patting softly is avoid fallout from the glitter and using a medium to help it stick better.
- Lastly, it looks beautiful either as a lid color or a highlight near the tear duct.
- Hot Chocolate is a nice V and crease color. It is also very shimmery but is more manageable.
- The color payoff is very nice and blends effortlessly.
- Lastly, it is BEAUTIFUL as a lower lash line color. Very sexy smoky color.
- Nude Shimmer is exactly as it sounds; shimmery and perfect for neutral looks.
- It doesn't have a whole lot of bold color, however it is a nice golden bronze shimmer for specific looks.
- I like to use this on the lid and tear duct and then use another color as the crease for a quick simple neutral look.
- Lastly, it goes well with blues and purples!
I want to thank Madison Street Beauty for sending me these shadows!