Updated Crushed Botanicals Liquid Foundation Review

Hey beauties! Early in the year I first purchased from Crushed Botanicals and I also did a review on those products. I will say now that I...

Hey beauties!

Early in the year I first purchased from Crushed Botanicals and I also did a review on those products. I will say now that I have not been disappointed and will continue to purchase from them! With that being said I want to talk about their liquid foundation I have reviewed once before.

What is different about this review than before? I wanted to get into more detail about this product and why I love it. My last review I ended it stating I wasn't going to purchase it again. However, as you can see I have. I will tell you why.

What is in this foundation?
According to their etsy shop:
Ingredients:
Organic Aloe Juice, Organic Jojoba Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Emulsifying Wax, Vitamin E, Iron Oxide, Mica, Zinc Oxide, DMAE, Stearic Acid, Meadow foam Oil, Carrot Oil, Organic Argan Oil, Avocado Oil, Rooibos tea extracts, MSM, Rosemary Extract, Proprietary blend of essential oils, Neem, Tetrasodium Edta, Citric Acid.

As you can tell, it has great ingredients that benefit your skin and will not harm you. I have acne prone skin that also can be oily and dry in some places. With that, I like to be careful with what I put on my skin. I am also aware of what I should avoid putting on my body because we are what we eat, but also what we wear.
Packaging change:
This time around, her packaging on many of her products have changed since I last purchased, so her liquid foundations are in glass bottles with a pump. The other foundation I had was in a plastic bottle 
with a pump that was not as functional.

Now with the new packaging, the watery, thin foundation is no longer messy like it once was. I do not get product on my clothes like before. That was a problem before, but now it has a nice pump.
Performance:
I did love the foundation when I had it the first time. It gives you a really nice glow(not oily or shiny) that makes you seem so healthy and clean. 

It does not cover up acne or scarring all the way, but it does diminish the redness and helps hide some imperfections.

I did have some problem with the coverage, but now I am trying to clear up my skin(well always wanted clear skin), so I do not want some heavy, toxic foundation that will clog my pores and produce more acne. 
Effectiveness and Staying Power
This foundation will not stay on your face forever nor is it a miracle worker. However, it does give your skin a fresh natural look that not only makes you appear luminous, but also protects your skin. I find it to be so great at not being heavy and full of crap, that when I clean my Beauty Blender( a foundation sponge) all I have to do is just put it under water and squeeze out the foundation after use. Any other foundation that I have(that is not from an indi brand ex. Cover girl) I have to use a special cleaner to get off the product. Also I only need ONE face wipe to clean off ALL my makeup. 

Get it? This is so clean and simple, yet effective without harsh and toxic ingredients!

I have oily skin, yet it does not make me look oily nor does it feel oily, even on the days I do not use a setting powder. I love that! It is hard to find a product that doesn't feel oily or look it. 

How long does it last?
Performance wise, I say it stays on for about 8 hrs or so. 
Also, this foundation does go fast, lasting only a few months. That is the only thing I really dislike. 
Price:
The regular price is $15 for a 1 oz. glass bottle. I got my recent bottle on sale for $5, so be on the look out for sales! :D It is currently on sale now for $8.75!

Thanks for reading and hope this was a helpful review!

-Kristina





Related Content

0 comments